Saturday 4 November 2017

The spark has gone

It's name-and-shame time - this has been a very bad boy:


Go on,  tell everyone what you've done...

The fact that the alternator is on my bench and not bolted to the car should give you a clue - the damn thing has died. Coming back from a drive last weekend,  I noticed my voltmeter gauge was showing 11v rather than its usual 13v and revving the engine made no difference. A few more tests (with the advice of Simon) and it is a non-working alternator. It's only been used for,  what,  2 months!

I'm just hoping GBS will honour the warranty which is probably only 1 year and I think I actually bought it over a year ago but it hasn't been used for long.

I've sent the roof back to Softbits - there was no way it was the right size. I hope I don't have to wait another 9 weeks!

So,  I'm off the road,  although with the cold weather and no roof,  that's not the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment